Brookmans View is a collection of new build two and three bedroom homes in one of Essex’s most desirable villages offering a rural feel but within easy reach of good transport links and local towns. The development sits within the stunning countryside offering far reaching views.
Stock village has a well deserved reputation as one of the most desirable locations in the south east with many qualities to endear it to those searching for the rural idyll of a typical English village including cricket on the green, summer fetes, an ancient and beautiful Church, cosy pubs, village shops and a strong sense of community – somewhere to belong!
Stock has all this and more including a village post office and general store including a newsagent, newly opened library, excellent off licence, hairdresser and an enviable selection of public houses and restaurants as well as a junior school with a reputation for high standards of education, all within walking distance of each other, even a new coffee shop – what more could you ask for?
Whilst Stock may enjoy a rather cosy ‘Miss Marple’ image, it is far from being stuck in the past with a long list of village based clubs and associations for the young and not so young alike, including drama, Cubs, Scouts, art, photography , gardening, Keep fit, yoga and many more, the village even has it’s own magazine ‘Stock Press’ and web site stock.org, both of which provide a useful insight of village life, featuring many local activities and events – take a look at the web site for yourself.
Stock is particularly proud of its village hall, built with the help of the local residents; the modern facilities of this excellent community centre are an ideal venue for many of the village activities including social events, exhibitions and special interest markets every month.
Spiritually the village is well catered for with All Saints’ (Church of England) , Our Lady & St Joseph (Roman Catholic) and Christ Church (Free Church), all close by.
Greenwood, former home of the Ellis Family (the past landed gentry of Stock) is now a luxury hotel, restaurant and health spa with day membership available to village residents.
The thriving shopping centres of Billericay and Chelmsford are only a short car journey away with Lakeside and Bluewater just a little further. Commuters are well served by fast rail links to London Liverpool Street (Approximately 25 minutes each way on the fast train). We also have an excellent regular bus service (the 100) running from Chelmsford to Basildon and Lakeside via Billericay with a stop right outside the Billericay railway station. The 100 picks up in the village very 20 minutes or so throughout the week.
We have some of the best secondary schools in the country nearby including Chelmsford High School for Girls and King Edward Grammar for boys, both in Chelmsford. Mayflower Comprehensive in Billericay and the Anglo European in Ingatestone are nearer and a bus collects in the village for the grammar schools in Westcliff on Sea and Southend.
No one knows Stock better. If this information has wetted your appetite for a home in Stock, why not come and see us for yourself, you will always be welcome in any one of the 5 village pubs for a cup of coffee or something a little stronger! Or better still pop in to see us for a cup of coffee!
Stock and the pretty villages surrounding it are more than just a place to live, they are somewhere to set down roots for generations! So, if you are looking for a home in or around Stock, then look no further than M-Estates. Based in Stock, we probably know the village (and villagers!) better than anyone and therefore can bring our local knowledge and experience to bear when it comes to finding you the right property
• Facing brickwork: All about bricks – Sandstone Weathered Buff Stock
• Ibstock – Chailey Stock (Feature Brick) Stone Cills
• Bathstone Weatherboarding
• Plots 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 – CO6 Grey Green Fascias and Soffits
• White uPVC Rainwater Goods
• Black Half Round uPVC
• Black Round Downpipes Front Doors
• Slate Grey Composite Door Sets to Plots 1, 2, 3
• Black Composite Door Set to Plots 4, 5, 6, 7
• All ‘Secure by Design’ compliant Rear Doors
• White uPVC Windows
• White uPVC Garage Doors
• Hormann 2001 Vertical Black Paving Slabs
• Saxon Mocha Block Paving
• Paviors laid in a herringbone pattern. Colour: Brindle
• Turf and planting Fencing
• 1.8m high timber close board
• 1.2m high post and rail type fence to field boundary to Plots 5 & 6
• Garden Sheds to Plots 1 & 3 Only
• MDF groove skirting
• Groove MDF architrave
• Softwood door linings with softwood door stops Internal Doors
• Softwood painted panelled doors Ironmongery
• Contemporary brushed chrome lever handle Decorations
• Feature colour walls Staircases
• Flights – MDF Treads with plywood risers
• Aprons and strings – softwood to be decorated
• Balustrades and newel posts – softwood painted
• Handrail + newel caps – Oak Bathroom and en-suite tiling
• Full height tiling to shower and bath walls half height tiling to other walls
• Flat chrome trim to tile edges
• Full Spacia flooring or equivalent for ground floor
• Mains gas boiler with pressurised cylinder feeding slimline radiators throughout
• Dual fuel chrome towel rails to bathrooms and ensuites
• Chrome fittings to the ground floors. White fittings to first floor
• Low energy downlighters throughout the ground floors, dimmable to living/dining
• Track lighting to family rooms Plots 4, 5, 6 & 7
• Low energy downlighters to family bathroom and en-suites
• Plinth and under cupboard strip lighting to kitchens
• Shaver sockets to family bathroom and en-suites
• Terrestrial TV sockets
• Alarm spur
• Pendant lights to bedroom and landings
• External light fittings adjacent front entrance door and French doors to rear gardens. Collingwood WL160 Halo Flood Black Finish
• External downlighters to the garages of Plots 4, 5, 6 and 7
• Multi gang switches for appliances
• White contemporary sanitaryware with chrome taps and fittings
• 1200 x 800mm low profile shower trays to ensuites with pivot or sliding shower doors. Thermostatically controlled exposed shower valve with fixed riser and head plus a flexible hand held
• Contemporary style vanity units to bathroom and ensuite hand basins
• Close coupled WCs with soft close seat (subject to reconsideration)
• Tiled bath panels
• Domestic Fire Sprinkler System installed to all plots
• Recycling storage bins provided integrated into the kitchen units
• Rotary dryers provided to each property
• Solar PV panels
• A mix of wood, granite and laminate worktops, all with a contemporary feel
• Integrated appliances (Full kitchen specification to be confirmed)
Heading eastbound from J28 of the M25 exit the A12 at J16 and take the third exit towards Billericay/ Stock B1007. On arriving in Stock turn right onto Back Lane and right again into Brookmans Road.